Tuesday, September 4, 2012

X-ray Results

I received the full report of my spine x-rays on Friday, so here's the gist of it:
  • There is a rudimentary disk space present at C4-C5.  Not sure what that means yet!
  • I have anterolisthesis of C2 on C3 and C3 on C4 on flexion which then reduces on extension.  This basically means these vertebrae slip onto each other..  That's not normal.
  • And lastly, I have a congenital C4-5 segmentation anomaly!  My C4-5 vertebrae are fused. haha ;)  Never knew that!  The doctors think I've had that since birth..
Right now, I'm still waiting to hear from my pain dr. about what's next regarding all this and the CRPS pain.  Not sure if he got back from his vacation yesterday or today..

This week, I'm supposed to get another blood test.  This time to check my thyroid function.  When my pain dr. used ultrasound for my latest stellate ganglion nerve block, he noticed my thyroid looks bigger.  So he's not sure if this is just from the probe he used or if I possibly have hypothyroidism..  I hope not!  I really don't want another problem added to "my list".. ;)

Please continue to keep Liam's family in your prayers.  I know they would be so grateful.  I can't imagine what they're going through right now.  What a day that will be when there's no more pain and suffering, no more sorrow, no more HLHS that Liam had, and no more CRPS and EDS!!  How amazing that day will be. :)

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man.  He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'" -Revelation 21:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment