Wednesday, September 19, 2012

...and the adventure continues.

Just wanted to write a quick little update before I head off to bed!  For those of you who don't yet know, I'm back at the hospital because my left leg suddenly became weak on Sunday.  I now have to use crutches.  Add that to my drooping eye and headache!  All my doctors are saying I'm a pretty tricky and mysterious case. ;)  Today I had an EMG done to test the function of my muscles in my face, arm, and leg.  To say it was painful is an understatement.   They had to "shock" my muscles and stick needles into them!  It took about 2 1/2 hours!  Not kidding that it was pure torture.  I didn't get the actual results yet, but they are now thinking I don't have Myasthenia Gravis. :)  I'll probably know for sure tomorrow.  The doctors are now suspecting this to be central nervous system-related (brain and spine).  They're going to get my pain dr. on board with all this because I may have to get a spinal tap and/or my spinal cord stimulator explanted...  I'll keep all of you posted!  So glad I have my own room tonight.  Yesterday I had to share rooms with a lady who had a chronic wound infection!  And when I was trying to fall asleep that night, I assume she had nightmares because she yelled out loud and screamed and cried out and talked in her sleep all the way through the night!  A very startling experience.  Thankful I had my iPod on. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Kerissa,
    The Lord is with you and He will never, never forsake you! See you tomorrow; I am coming up to see you! Mrs. Klein

    ReplyDelete