Thursday, September 27, 2012

Crutches, Books, and Cards

It's been two days since I got home from the hospital.  I've mainly only been doing 2 things: reading and sleeping. ;)  I'm also learning how to get accustomed to crutches again.  I can honestly say it's harder the second time around.  When I first started using crutches last year, it was new and exciting.  It's another story now.  Plus, it's more difficult because of the CRPS in my left hand.  I hope I don't have to be on these for long..  But, if so, I know God has a good purpose behind all this. :)

I've been able to read some great books since being home!

1. "Grace: A Child's Intimate Journey Through Cancer and Recovery" by Melinda Marchiano
Though I don't have cancer, I've been able to really relate with her journey and struggles!  Plus, she's a teen like me. :)  And, she was homeschooled!  Isn't that cool?

2."Implosion" by Joel C. Rosenberg
This is his latest non-fiction book, and I highly recommend it!

3. "I Come Quietly to Meet You" by Amy Carmichael
A friend gave me this when I was in the hospital. :)  Thank you so much, Holly! <3  I have been thoroughly enjoying it and am trying to read only one devotional a day to make it last.  That's hard, tho.' ;)

This past week, I received so many cards while I was in the hospital that I decided to paste them all on the wall next to my bed. :)  I'm so thankful for each one of you!  Your cards and loving words so encouraged me, and I will treasure each one of them!  Sorry it's kinda blurry, but here is the finished product:
In addition to all the cards, the two picture frames are from my siblings.  The big one to the left was for my spiritual birthday a while back (in honor of the day I became a Christian in 1998), and the right was from my older brother for when I graduated from high school last year. :)
Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment