Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Neuro evaluation: Day 4

Hello everyone!  Just a short update tonight..  Unfortunately, we hardly took any pictures today as we mainly stayed indoors at the Ronald McDonald house and went to my Neuro appt. this afternoon.  The Cincinnati Zoo closes at 5 pm, so we didn't have enough time to visit it.  Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday, though! :)

The neurologists I saw were very thorough and knowledgeable.  Their Neurology program is 4th in the nation! :)  They agree with Genetics that I do have some type of Mitochondrial Disease..  *Here begins another long road...*  Tomorrow, I'll be getting blood drawn to check my lactate, pyruvate, magnesium, and vitamin D levels, and the doctors will look at my mitochondria DNA to narrow down which Mito disorder I have.  Just to clarify, there are numerous types!! :/  Which is why this will take months. :(  The doctors even said they probably won't know on the first try..

Anyway, tomorrow morning, I see Pain Management!  It's a 3 1/2 hour appointment full of evaluations by the dr., pain psychologist, and physical therapy.

Have a great rest of the night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment