Thursday, August 2, 2012

Striving to Endure

This has been one of the toughest weeks pain-wise so far.  The wind even makes the burning pain worse, so I don't like moving around!  My hand/arm is sensitive, ice-cold, purple, and swollen.  It's been hard focusing cuz the pain has been so bad.  I have to make myself do therapy.  God has been giving His grace for each day, but it is hard waking up in the morning in pain and going to bed in pain.  I see my pain dr. on the 7th, and I'm so thankful my appointment's just around the corner.

Today, during my Bible reading, I turned to some of my favorites passages of Scripture that give me hope and encouragement.  I hope they do the same to you!

"But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings." -Malachi 4:2

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction...If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.  Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort." -2 Corinthians 1:3-7

"Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted...It is for discipline that you have to endure.  God is treating you as sons.  For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?  ...But he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness." -Hebrews 12:3, 7, 10

Looking to my Savior for strength!  I will update again, soon!

Kerissa

1 comment:

  1. Lifting my voice up to our Savior for you this morning. May He alone comfort you as you continue on this path of suffering.

    ReplyDelete