Friday, March 1, 2013

The 3 P's---PT, Philippians, and Pain

Happy 1st, friends!  There are only 45 more days till my first appointment in Cincy!  Can you tell I'm counting down the days? ;)

This week, I officially started physical therapy twice a week instead of once, and I can tell you, this is gonna be so much more fun. :)  I love having two different therapists as they each have their own perspective on things.  My first one is currently in Chicago for 6 days to study more about hypermobile joints, so today I saw my second therapist. :)  She's so sweet!  And a great encourager, too.  She has many CRPS patients, and I love that she knows my pain dr. as well.

An elder from my church and I recently finished memorizing the book of Philippians, so now we're on to I Peter. :)  I passed these two verses and wanted to share them with you because they encourage me and are so inspirational:

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while,
if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,
so that the tested genuineness of your faith---
more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire---
may be found to result in praise and glory
and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
~I Peter 1:6-7

Thoughts:
1. We experience trials if they are necessary.

2. Hard times are temporary.  They only last for a little while.  Isn't that comforting?

3. Vs. 7 says that our faith will be tested by fire.  It doesn't say that it will be tested by a spark or even a flame but by FIRE.  It's gonna hurt!  But...

4. ...here's the amazing part. :)  All this pain, or whatever else we may go through, brings praise AND glory AND honor to Jesus!  I've said this before, and I'll say it again---how wonderful it is that all this pain is not in vain! :)

One of my friends shared this quote just yesterday with me and my sis.  I think it's a great ending to this blog post:

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
--Mere Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment