Friday, November 9, 2012

phone call with my neurologist :)

Praise God!!  My neurologist just called me this evening. :)  *sigh of relief*  There was some sort of mix-up or something with my medical records, so she wasn't able to look everything over until today.  First, she told me that my EMG study was thorough enough so that I don't have to have a second one done.  *another sigh of relief* ;)  She wants me to get some more blood work done to check vitamin levels and something called lactic acid which can cause muscle disorders.  In addition to that, she said all my symptoms are extensive enough to the point that I should have MRIs done on my brain and spinal cord.  So she just put a call in to my pain dr. to speak with him about removing my spinal cord stimulator, but unfortunately he wasn't in the office.  She'll be out of town this Tuesday and will be gone for a week, but she hopes to speak with him on Monday...  Please pray that both my doctors will be able to be in touch that day.  It's getting harder and harder to wait patiently because my headaches have been so bad..  Hopefully I will have another update soon on Monday! :)

Here's a fun fact:  I was looking over my spinal tap report, and I read that the needle to draw my cerebrospinal fluid out was 3 1/2 inches long. haha ;)  Good thing I didn't see the length during the procedure! :D  The dr. also drew out 11 teaspoons of fluid which is about 4 tubes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment