Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Waiting..

I've had to do a lot of waiting lately, so this song really resonates with me. :)  Love it!


I recently read a chapter by Amy Carmichael that I wanted to share with you.  It's called "One Step at a Time," and in it, she expounds on Psalm 119:105:

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet,
and a light for my path."

This is what she said: "We don't walk spiritually by electric light, but by a hand-held lantern.  And a lantern shows only the next step---not several steps ahead."  These are just two short sentences, but they speak volumes to me!  As I still deal with my drooping eyelid, headaches, and leg weakness, I am just reminded that the Lord will guide me each step of the way. :)  True, there are probably many more long steps before me, but I don't need to dwell on those.  Just focusing on the first step is enough.

So as I wait and keep waiting for all "this" to fade away, I rest securely in the Lord!  As the song above says, the Lord is "the keeper of my heart." <3

Update: Not a whole lot to report...unfortunately, the neurologist that I saw on Friday wasn't able to help at all.  She suggested doing another EMG study, but I really don't want to do a second so soon after the first.  I'm scarred for life. ;)  One of the needles they used last time was inserted next to my left eyebrow, and they left it in for what seemed like 40 minutes without numbing the skin at all!!  I'm probably exaggerating, but the area bled quite a lot..  Now waiting to hear if my pain doctor's gonna refer me to another neurologist outside of the OHSU system.  And on Thursday, I officially start physical therapy now that evaluation's over. :)  My pain dr. talked with my therapist, and he thinks I'm "safe to be pushed." ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm So sorry I haven't emailed you yet:( I think of you often and WILL email....I promise:)

    ReplyDelete