Thursday, December 13, 2012

the day has finally come!

My MRIs are tomorrow!!  I'd appreciate your prayers that the myoclonus (muscle jerking) won't be that severe as I have to lie still for 4 hours.  My neurologist did prescribe me a sedative, but I'm not sure how well it will work..  We're all pretty nervous about the results, including my pain dr. and physical therapist.  It's hard to believe that I'll probably know the results by the time I next see both of them this coming Tuesday.  Whatever happens, I know God is sovereign, and for that, I'm so thankful.  This is the passage that I will be "taking" with me into the MRI tube. :)  What great promises!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
-Isaiah 43:1a-3a

This past Tuesday, my pain dr. squeezed me in to see him cuz an "egg" has been forming under my spine incision from the swelling.  I have poor wound healing from the EDS, and it was pretty difficult for my pain dr. to remove the anchor and leads from my spine, so he's not surprised that the area is inflamed.  So he wants me to ice it every day.  Praying the incision doesn't bother me too much from lying on my back for so long tomorrow.

My subluxating shoulder isn't doing too well.  My physical therapist ended up having to tape it all over to keep the "head' of my humerus bone from popping out all the time.  I'm to ice this area, also, and later on, my physical medicine and rehabilitation dr. will possibly be ordering an MRI of my shoulder.

Thank you for your prayers!!  My next blog post should contain the results, so stay tuned! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment