Monday, March 26, 2012

A New Diagnosis

Hey, friends! :)

It's time for a new update!  About two weeks ago, I saw my pain management dr.  It went well.  I learned something new about him. ;)  He saw me reading Wuthering Heights, so he told me he read that when he took Advanced Placement English in the ol' days.  Haha! :D  He's the first guy I know who's read a book like that.  On a more a serious note, I'm to stay at 50 mg of nortriptyline and not increase for now because I've been experiencing something called orthostatic hypotension.  He also referred me to OHSU rheumatology because my hand therapist has been noticing that I have joint hypermobility, so he was wondering if I have a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.  So this morning, I saw a rheumatologist, and sure enough, she diagnosed me with EDS which is a genetic disorder of the collagen.  This new diagnosis makes me wonder if that's why I got CRPS in the first place!  I may be having genetic testing done to see what type I have, and I'm to get an echocardiogram to check my heart valves because EDS can affect my inside organs...!  I had some fun after my appointment. :)  After going to OHSU for about two years now, I was finally able to ride the tram that connects the hospital to the Center for Health and Healing!!!  I was able to ride it in both directions because they gave me a patient pass, and it was super fun! :)  The view was breath-taking and made me so thankful for God's beautiful creation. :)

Until next time!

Kerissa

No comments:

Post a Comment