Monday, November 2, 2015

Liver biopsy

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my liver biopsy is scheduled!  My GI dr. put the order in as "urgent," so it's for this Friday the 6th.

This specific dr. performs complex image-guided biopsies.  He's only 13 years older than me (wow!), and yet, he's a Portland Monthly "Top Doctor." :)  Very thankful I'll be in good hands.  And in the Lord's!  A piece of my liver will be sent off to Mayo, and we should we getting results back the following week.

In addition to receiving TPN (IV nutrition) for 16 hours every night, I also now get infused with IV fluids every day for 2 hours.  *See pic below*  It's a cute little bag! ;)  It has extra sodium, potassium, and magnesium to try and raise my low blood pressure and prevent the painful muscle cramping I experience.

I will let you know what the biopsy results show!  I also see my mitochondrial neurologist at Randall Children's next Tuesday and will be sure to update on that as well.

Thank you so much for your prayers! :)


__________________

P.S. I thought this was so neat and wanted to share!  OHSU's fall newsletter came in the mail today, and this was the featured story. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment