Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Thoughts

My bilateral lumbar sympathetic blocks on Wednesday went very smoothly with no complications! :)  Thank you for your prayers!  Now I'm trying not to overdo things or let my feet get cold so as not to start another CRPS flare-up.  It's difficult to do, tho', in these winter months.  I can tell the pain starts to increase when my feet aren't very warm..

doncha love this picture? :)  i've been blessed to know Stew, one of the pain nurses, for going on 2 years now!

Today I saw my neurologist, and at this appointment, she completed a referral for Cincinnati.  Yay! :)  The form will be faxed tomorrow!  The one my pain dr. filled out last week has already been received by the hospital, too.

Tomorrow my mom will call CCHMC's concierge services---they're the ones who will schedule the appointments close together and arrange everything.  Isn't that neat? :)

This afternoon, I also saw the neuro-ophthalmologist at the OHSU Casey Eye Institute.  She and a resident did a whole neuro work-up with testing, but unfortunately, today I wasn't experiencing the nystagmus, and she really needs to see it herself to pin-point what's causing it and everything.  So, once the abnormal eye movements come on again, I'm to let her know and schedule a follow-up appointment.

I read this "poem" a few weeks ago and wanted to share it with you.  It was written by a mom who has a precious little adopted girl with congenital heart defects.  Ivy Joy has had to have numerous open heart surgeries, something a parent never wants to see their child go through.  The mom (I encourage you to read her whole blog post!) wrote, "Sometimes God answers our prayers differently than we expected. But He still answers."  So very true.

I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties and made me strong.
I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity and God gave me the strength to work.
I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for patience and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait on Him.
I asked for Love and God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted and received everything I needed.
My prayers have all been answered.    

No comments:

Post a Comment