Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Before the pain passes in peace...

Last week, we finally found out why I've been having chest pains.  I got diagnosed with costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs.  I'm told this usually comes after viruses...so in my case, the symptoms started when I was in the hospital for the flu last month.  I guess this condition mimics heart attack symptoms because of the severe pain, but thankfully, it's not dangerous. :)

Currently, the doctors at Cincinnati Children's are reviewing the 200 pages of chart notes that my doctors have written about me.  Haha, I wish I could read their notes. ;)  That's probably gonna be a long process, but once they finish those and send me some patient questionnaires, this will help them decide on treatment and whether I need to see any other specialties at the hospital.  So hopefully, we'll soon have a better idea of how many days we'll be in Ohio!  I'll be seeing 3 departments so far: Human Genetics (the EDS clinic), Neurology, and Pain Management.

I wanted to share this other poem with you.  It's been on my heart lately.

Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm:
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm.
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.

Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.
~Amy Carmichael

This is my prayer: "Father, before all this pain I have passes in peace, I just want to keep singing praise to Your Name!  In this storm, help me, Lord, to learn to dwell within Your calm.  Thank you, God, that there is always victory in You!

6 comments:

  1. GREAT post:D SO glad you are going to Cincinnati......I'll be praying for ya:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alana!! :) I'm really excited! And I'm praying we'll finally have an answer for all these unusual symptoms, tho' I know I shouldn't get my hopes up..

      Delete
    2. Sometimes hope is what keeps us going:) Its something God gives us, girl!!! Gods has plans for you-too wonderful for us to understand!!

      Delete
    3. Aw, thanks for the encouragement, girl! Just what I needed today. :) You're an awesome friend! <3

      Delete
  2. Me, my friends, and the professors here at Bethel are praying for you. Keep seeking God's peace. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Kenzie, this makes me smile. :) Thank you so much for your prayers!! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and your friends' support! As Cincinnati draws near, I'm a little nervous of what may happen, so your prayers are a great encouragement to me. *big hug*

      Delete