Tuesday, November 5, 2013

This Passing Tide...

Yesterday, I saw my physical medicine dr. for a 4-week follow-up on my spine pain.  Sadly, physical therapy hasn't been helping, and Dr. C thinks this chronic spine pain is related to my muscle weakness (from the underlying neuromuscular/mitochondrial issue).  So he referred me to the Spine Center at Cincinnati Children's for a second opinion when I'm there in December.

Lately, I've also been having issues with swallowing/choking (in addition to weak chewing muscles), so Dr. C put in an order for speech language pathology here and possibly a swallow study.  He wants to speak with my geneticist in Ohio about this new problem in case I need to see Speech there, too.

Regarding my GI system, I've lost 4 pounds in two weeks..  If this keeps continuing, I'm going to hit 78 lbs. very soon!  I did get referred to GI at CCHMC, and the team is currently reviewing my records/referral.

Yesterday, I had a horribly long episode of nystagmus, and it made me want to pop my eyeballs out to stop them from oscillating uncontrollably. :(  I really hope Neurology at CCHMC will be able to help this issue..

To make matters worse, I've been having cognitive problems---I often have trouble recalling what verb tense to use when I'm emailing or texting my friends, and I'm forgetting certain details. :(  This is related to the CHAT gene mutation that was found in the mito-exome.

As you can see, I'm not doing that well.  But I am reminded that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! :)  Thank you, Lord, that I have You to lean on!

I've been super busy getting all these appointments lined up in Ohio!  It now looks like we'll be there for about 2 weeks (and longer if necessary).  My parents and I leave for Ohio in only 3 1/2ish weeks..!

Many blessings on your week,

kerissa

 "These sufferings, this passing tide
under Your wings I will abide,
and every enemy shall flee;
You are my hope and victory."
~lyrics to Praise the Father, Praise the Son


2 comments:

  1. Just heard this song on 102.7 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw Beautiful lyrics I hope it encourages you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you, kenzie! I agree, those are beautiful lyrics:) You've been so sweet and thoughtful! <3

      Delete