Monday, July 8, 2013

Love So High

This past Saturday, a dear mom from my church passed away after a long, long battle with cancer.  I am going to miss her so much. :'(  I first got to know her more when I graduated from high school with her daughter.  And when I got home from the hospital last September, she came to my house and blessed me with a beautiful orchid plant.  I'll never forget that visit with her.  It was such an encouraging time, talking about books and all things medical-related.  We were fighting different health trials, yet we shared a bond because both of us could at some extent understand what we were going through.  She was the epitome of joy.  And she sent me such sweet cards and emails that I treasure still today.

Whenever I saw her in person, I always thought to myself, "If she can do this, so can I!"  She was such an inspiration to me.

Please pray for her beautiful family---her husband and 3 daughters. <3

I think of Matt Redman's lyrics in the song Love So High.  And a line in the song (verse 2) about Jesus says, "Your wounds are our healing."  I just ponder that and how it is SO true.  Because of Jesus' love so high, his wounds on the cross do bring healing.  Mrs. S's death is not the end but just the beginning!  She is now healed, experiencing the fullness of joy in Heaven! :)

Listen to this song.  It will bring tears to your eyes:



"O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?
...thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
~I Corinthians 15:55

No comments:

Post a Comment