Sunday, January 13, 2013

The flu

Thank you everyone for your love and support!  I can tell you are praying cuz my fever broke last night. :)  The ambulance ended up taking me to OHSU yesterday cuz my heart rate was so high from my condition POTS, I was dizzy, and my fever was 103 even with Aleve.  They gave me lots of fever medication and an anti-viral called Tamiflu.  Oh yes, I tested positive for Influenza B.  Not fun at all.  The doctors and nurses said I'm one of their sicker patients..  I had 2 EKGs, 4 chest x-rays, and lots of blood work. They wanted to check my lactic acid levels, heart enzymes (since they said I was having sinus tachycardia), and inflammation in my body.  My oxygen sats keep dropping even tho they are giving me oxygen through a tube.  My sats dropped to 77 one time (it should stay at 100) and the alarm went off...that was a little scary.  I'm currently in the observation unit in the ER.  Everytime I stay here, The Bourne Identity is always on TV...now whenever I watch it, it brings back bad memories. ;)  Waiting for the doctors right now...  If they want me to still stay at the hospital, then I'll be admitted to a "real" room.  I'll keep ya updated!

1 comment:

  1. Praying a lot for you and your family.♡ The Colvin Family

    ReplyDelete