Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Heart Echo

Tomorrow morning, after physical therapy, I will be getting my first heart echo!  The test results may be perfectly normal, or they may show I have mitral valve prolapse caused by EDS.  I'd appreciate your prayers!  Pray that the test will clearly show whether I have MVP or not.  I've been having chest pain and an irregular heart beat, so the doctors aren't sure what's going on yet... :\

I recently found two blogs of two different girls close to my age who have CRPS and EDS! :)  This has been a blessing from the Lord.  It's been so encouraging connecting, reading their posts, and seeing what they're going through and how my life is very similar to theirs.  Ashley lives in Indiana, and Jill in Philadelphia. :)  And I live in Oregon, but we all have the same conditions!  How cool is that? :D  Knowing that I'm not the only one with CRPS and EDS helps me get through the tough days!  That, and God's immeasurable grace and goodness!

Yesterday, I read a powerful passage in 90 Days of God's Goodness by Randy Alcorn.  This devotional is filled with such meaning and richness!  I highly recommend it!  The following verse and quote below made me stop and reflect:
"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.  The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made." (Psalm 145:9, emphasis added)
"God's goodness entails more than whatever makes us feel warm and happy.  We argue that if God were as good as we are, then evil and suffering wouldn't exist.  On the contrary, evil and suffering wouldn't exist if we were as good as God is." -Randy Alcorn
I will update as soon as I get the results of my echo!  Thank you so much for your prayers!

Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment