Monday, February 13, 2012

"Two steps forward, One step back"

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One holding his hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

After going through a pretty difficult week last week, one of my friends shared this section of Scripture with me.  Through her, God spoke to my heart.  After reading the passage, I knew right then that it was from the Lord.  Read these two verses again.  Ponder it.  Don't they fill you with peace? :)  As I thought about it deeply, one of the things I learned is that it's a guarantee we'll fall.  Being a follower of Christ doesn't mean I'll always have an easy path to walk on.  Vs. 24 doesn't say, "IF he falls," but "WHEN he falls..."  But here's the good news, my friends: we won't be hurled headlong because the Lord holds our hands. :)  He walks with us.  No matter how many times we fall, we're not on the "ground" for long because God gently pulls us back up on our feet.

Last week was a "two steps forward, one step back" kind of week.  I was doing so well after I had my third stellate ganglion block two weeks ago, but last week, I received some kind of trauma to my arm once again which brought the burning pain back.  This was kind of a blow as you can imagine, and I was put on a new drug for pain relief because of what happened, but vs. 23 gives me comfort and peace. :)  God delights in my way, and He has established my steps which means this is a part of His good plan, even when it may not seem like it.  I trust my Savior. :)  In closing, I want to leave with you this verse from Jesus:

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment