Friday, December 6, 2013

Update- Day 5!

Hello all!

It's snowing here in cincinnati!! :)  I'm sorry I've been slacking on my blog.  Blogger still isn't letting me upload pictures..

Today I had no appointments...because of the snow, we've just been staying indoors at the RMH. :)  I got discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon---so thankful.  All the GI manometry testing made that 3-day inpatient stay really difficult and hard.  Once the nurses pulled out that first NG tube and I was taken to the OR for the procedures two days ago, I woke up from anesthesia with two more tubes in me..  One through my nose again, and you can probably guess where the second tube was inserted.. :P Won't get results till possibly next Wednesday..  After those two additional tubes were removed yesterday, I had to go through yet another tube insertion through my nose (this time, the manometry catheter was thick, stiff, and metal!).  That was no fun.  I now have a really bad sore throat from all the tubes and being intubated in the OR.  On top of that, I wasn't allowed to get up from my bed for several hours, so they had me use a bedpan several times...sorry if that's TMI. ;)  Always a first for everything!

Tomorrow, I have a second sleep study scheduled.  Pulmonology wants more info related to my sleep disorder.  Don't have results yet from my pulmonary function test.  Hopefully this Monday!

Have a great evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment