Friday, July 12, 2013

Hard Week

This has been another difficult week.  On Wednesday, my 89 year old grandpa passed away suddenly, faster than all of us were expecting.  He was in the end stages of kidney failure but given 4-6 months to live.  But this past Wednesday, he had a catastrophic event---the social worker thinks he must have had a heart attack or something like that.  I already miss him so much. :'(  This is the second family death in not even 2 months.

One of the things I'll always remember about my grandpa is how he always made me laugh:
  • When I was little, he used to call me "shorty."  That was his nickname for me.  I didn't like being called that then, but now...I chuckle!
  • Ever since I started getting bad headaches last year, he always wanted to know how I'm doing and if I still have "an itchy head."  Haha! ;)  For some reason, he got mixed up between those two things!
  • A few weeks ago, I wanted to take a picture with him, so I told him to say, "Cheese!!"  He said, "Cheese!!  Bleu cheese!!" :D
Holding me on his 70th birthday. :)

One of my favorite pictures with him taken just one month ago. <3

4 comments:

  1. Aww...Honey. Praying for you and your family. May God give you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, girl! We are so blessed to have friends like you who are praying! <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Kerissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But I wanted you to know I am so encouraged to have found your blog. Truly it is only Christ who gets me through each day! I am 25, married to my best friend and God has taught us that our suffering is all to his glory, so by the grace of God we choose joy in the midst of trials! We have two little boys, 3 and 4, our older son has a rare seizure disorder that affects language called Landau kleffner syndrome and I have a Chiari Malformation (decompressed, so that has given some relief), EDS (another appt. soon to determine whether Classic or Hypermobility), Dysautonomia (POTS and still figuring out the others), food intolerances, and possibly Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)in my toes on both feet. But our God is greater and this life is fleeting! Just wanted to share how your joy encouraged me when I needed it. Praying for you and your family. I've been going to Cincinnatti Children's adult Clinics as well, so that's neat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!!

      Aw that's so neat!! I'm so glad you commented! :) Thank you for sharing a little about your family's story as well! I can't tell you enough how encouraging it was to hear from you. It's so awesome you know the Lord, too! =) I will be praying for your little son and for you also. What a journey we both are on!

      I can't wait to meet you in person in Heaven. :)

      Definitely let me know how things are going with you and your dear family every now and then! Have a blessed rest of the week!

      Delete